CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE AND DOWNLOAD
1. Do a simple line drawing in your sketchbook to work out the composition.
2. Check the darker mass against the lighter mass for a pleasing design. (aka: Notan Painting)
3. Create a quick 4 value sketch.
4. Quickly establish color (hue, value and intensity) relationships for all of your color masses. Stay true to your value comp. Put your first impression down.
5. Fill in your shapes starting with your darkest darks first while adjusting your color relationships (warmer, cooler, lighter or darker) until you're satisfied.
Done! You can use your color sketches for reference for larger paintings and or sell them as is.